Upcoming Events & Classes
Scrap Quilts with Instructor Cynthia Brunz
Got Scraps and have no idea what to make with them? Grab a friend and join Cynthia at this retreat and turn those leftovers into a lovely quilt or two. Thursday night, Cynthia will share a number or her scrappy quilts made from various sizes and types of scraps (see examples above). She will discuss what inspired her and how she selected the right scraps for each quilt. Then on Friday morning, the fun begins as she leads you through how to find inspiration in the scraps you have and how you get those turned into a quilt. Designs will be drafted and each student will begin to cut and sew their own unique quilt. Not only will you see your own project take shape but you will also get to see other quilters transform their scraps into colorful quilts. Cynthia will also be back on Saturday to see your progress and discuss ways to better store your scraps so you continue to use them long after you leave the retreat.
There will also be time to work on other projects if you want a break from your scraps. Feel free to pack a few WIPs to make some progress on.
About Cynthia Brunz:
Cynthia Brunz has been quilting for over 20 years. She loves colorplay in her quilts and is known for her simple but playful style. She has been published in numerous magazines and books and has recently been traveling to teach workshops to various guilds and groups throughout the Northwest. Want to see some of her work? You can check out her blog here.
The Retreat Package includes:
- 4 days and 3 nights stay and lodging taxes
- Opening reception, dessert and a scrap quilt presentation by Cynthia. Thursday, 6:30 pm at the Quilt Star house, hosted by Lynndi.
- Scrap quilting inspiration and guidance with Cynthia, Friday and Saturday half days with plenty of time to sew!
- Coffee, tea and hot cocoa, sugar and French Vanilla creamer provided
- Box lunches (you choose from a menu) will be available to purchase for Friday and Saturday.
- 10% discount in the onsite quilt shop Thumbuddy Special™
- You are also welcome to bring and work on any UFOs (or WIPs as Cynthia calls them) before and after the Scrap Quilt workshop!
- The joy of spending time with like-minded people sharing a passion for quilting… priceless!
Special needs or allergies? Please let us know.
Reservations and Registration Register early for desired room selections!
Retreat and Lodging Package Options for 4 days and 3 nights:
- Quilt Star “Ashton’s Stars” Twin bedroom, shared bathroom one person single occupancy $270.00; $195.00 per person based on double occupancy
- Quilt Star “Oregon Trail” Twin bedroom, shared bathroom $195.00 per person based on double occupancy only
- Quilt Star “Allison’s Corner” King Suite, private bathroom one person single occupancy $375.00; $255.00 per person based on double occupancy
- North Star “Indie’s Posy Patch” Twin bedroom, shared bathroom one person single occupancy $270.00; $195.00 per person based on double occupancy
- North Star “Kitties at the Movies” Twin bedroom, shared bathroom one person single occupancy $270.00; $195.00 per person based on double occupancy
- North Star “Rhonda’s Happy Place” Twin bedroom, shared bathroom one person single occupancy $270.00; $195.00 per person based on double occupancy. Farthest bedroom from the bathroom.
- North Star “Evelyn’s Garden” King Suite, private bathroom one person single occupancy $375.00; $255.00 per person based on double occupancy
Check in: 1:00pm September 19th
Check out: 1:00pm September 22nd
To register or for additional information, please call or text Lynndi: 541-954-8602 or call 541-688-9035 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a name and your phone number or email; we will contact you within 24 hours about availability and booking details.
Enrollment is limited. A 50% deposit is required at the time of registration; the balance is required 30 days or more prior to arrival.
Cancellation Policy: For cancellations 31 days or more before arrival date, reservation payments will be refunded less $50 per participant. Cancellations 15-30 days prior to retreat check-in will receive a 50% refund of total payment. Cancellations 14 days and thereafter, will receive no refund but can utilize our Transfer Policy.
Transfer Policy: Need to cancel but beyond the deadlines? You have the option to seek and arrange another participant to take your place. Change of registration must be pre-approved by Lynndi. Any refunds or exchanges of money due to transferring your registration will be solely between the individual parties.